[DFTB-Plus-User] Problem with geometry convergence

Alessandro LANDI alelandi1 at unisa.it
Tue Jan 7 11:25:36 CET 2020

Dear DFTB users,
I have followed your suggestions, but using LBFGS Minimizer, even though
the Maximal Force Component was slowly diminishing, the calculation was not
able to reach convergence, since I got the following error

ERROR!
-> Error: x need to be different in each iteration. (LBFGS Minimizer)
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling:
IEEE_INVALID_FLAG IEEE_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO IEEE_OVERFLOW_FLAG
IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL

At first, I thought that something went wrong just for instance, so I tried
to restart from the last saved geometry (attached to this e-mail), but
after 4 steps I got again the abovementioned error.

I have tried to google this error, but I found nothing. Any idea about what
is going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Alessandro