[DFTB-Plus-User] problem with installation

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Sat Jun 22 15:59:07 CEST 2019

Hello Farzad,

do you need excited state calculations? If not disable WITH_ARPACK := 0
in make.config.

Otherwise, you can compile arpack yourself, then (if its a static .a
file) tell the DFTB+ build to use its location in make.arch :

ARPACK_LIBS =  -L/your/path/to/library -larpack

if its a dynamic arpack build (.so) you need to also include its
location in your LDPATH variable (and keep the library, as it will load
every time you run).

Regards

Ben

        Dr.  B.  Hourahine,  Senior  lecturer
            SUPA, Department  of  Physics,
             University  of  Strathclyde,
              John  Anderson  Building,
          107 Rottenrow, Glasgow G4 0NG, UK.
  +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk

The  Department is  a partner  in SUPA,  the Scottish
            Universities Physics Alliance

The University  of Strathclyde  is a  charitable body,
       registered in Scotland, number SC015263