[DFTB-Plus-User] problem with installation

Farzad Molani f.molani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:12:58 CEST 2019

Hello Ben,
To compile arpack, I used the following commands:

wget -O - http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/SRC/arpack96.tar.gz
| tar xzvf -
wget -O - http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ARPACK/SRC/patch.tar.gz | tar xzvf -
cd ARPACK
make FC=gfortran FFLAGS= MAKE=/usr/bin/make
ARPACKLIB=$MYDIRECTORY/ARPACK/libarpack.a lib

Then, ARPACK_LIB= -L$MYDIRECTORY/ARPACK/libarpack.a lib copied into
make.config and make.arch. But still I've got the following error:

zlarf.f:(.text+0x192): undefined reference to `ilazlc_'
zlarf.f:(.text+0x2a9): undefined reference to `ilazlr_'
make[1]: *** [dftb+] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/fmolani/DFTB+/dftbplus-18.2/_build/prog/dftb+'
make: *** [dftb+] Error 2
  please find make.config and make.arch for further information.
Best regards, Farzad