[DFTB-Plus-User] Geometry is way off while using DFTD3...

Karol Strutynski strutynski.karol at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:15:55 CEST 2018

Hello,
You should run the freq calculations for the structure minimised with the
same hamiltonian. The general path is structure -> optimisation -> freq for
each hamiltonian. I had similar problems when I used wrong hamlitonian for
my minima (without b3 part). Just be sure that dftb_in file for frequencies
has the same hamiltonian part.

To be sure just make separate directories for both cases, and just to be
sure copy the dftb_in from optimization and adjust the driver to
SecondDerivatives{}, and remember to use relatively tigh SCC convergence
for frequencies (e.g. SCCTolerance =1e-8 ).

Other than that it's hard to say without the input files.

Best Regards,
--
Karol Strutynski
CICECO - Aveiro Institute of Materials
Mail: strutynski.karol at gmail.com, skarol at ua.pt
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8733-9012On Mon, 7 May 2018 at 17:29,
siddheshwar chopra <sidhusai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Karol,
> Thank you for the information. I used the DFTD3, Grimme's correction. I
had dftb optimization result, and then ran again separately with dftd3{}. I
ran scc with dftd3.