[DFTB-Plus-User] No run for Arpack library. error while loading shared libraries: libarpack.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

이인성 (화학과) islee at unist.ac.kr
Fri Jun 23 17:20:20 CEST 2017

Hello, DFTB+ developers

I have a problem when I run DFTB+ 1.3 version.

When I use the provided binary, then it works well.

However, my binary does not work in computational cluster when I directly compile DFTB+.

Surprisingly, my binary obtained from direct compilation does work in login node in our cluster.

But, the same binary does not work in computation node in our cluster.

Generally, we submit the job into our computation node, not login node.

The following is the error message.

directory/dftb+: error while loading shared libraries: libarpack.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can I solve this problem when I run dftb+ in the computational node?

Thanks.

In Seong Lee.