[DFTB-Plus-User] Switch from brackets to quotations

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jun 8 10:49:36 CEST 2016

Dear Tim,

> I have been trying to run a molecular dynamics simulation using the
> latest release of DFTB+ for Linux.  I have used some available online
> scripts as templates for the input and have used suggested scripts from
> other users via my previous thread on this server.  However, each time I
> use a script with the enclosures {  }, I am asked by an error message to
> switch from {  } to ‘  ‘ notation.  However, when I try to run it that
> way, I receive error messages that imply that the program is unable to
> tell which ‘ is the open and which is the close for any set of enclosed
> parameters where one enclosure is inside of another.  Has anyone out
> there had any experience with converting from {  } parenthetical
> expressions to ‘  ‘ and know what I might be missing?

Not sure which script you mean, but for sure, the DFTB+ input needs
correctly paired curly braces. I find it rather strange, if a script
requires you to convert them to apostrophe. What is the purpose of your
script? Maybe the task can be also done in other ways using less strange
scripts...

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/b_aradi/