[DFTB-Plus-User] Switch from brackets to quotations

Fuhrer, Timothy tfuhrer at RADFORD.EDU
Tue Jun 7 21:21:50 CEST 2016

I have been trying to run a molecular dynamics simulation using the latest release of DFTB+ for Linux.  I have used some available online scripts as templates for the input and have used suggested scripts from other users via my previous thread on this server.  However, each time I use a script with the enclosures {  }, I am asked by an error message to switch from {  } to ‘  ‘ notation.  However, when I try to run it that way, I receive error messages that imply that the program is unable to tell which ‘ is the open and which is the close for any set of enclosed parameters where one enclosure is inside of another.  Has anyone out there had any experience with converting from {  } parenthetical expressions to ‘  ‘ and know what I might be missing?

Thanks so much,
~Tim Fuhrer
Radford University