[DFTB-Plus-User] Regarding calculation of DOS

u3129004 at edu.gifu-u.ac.jp u3129004 at edu.gifu-u.ac.jp
Wed May 18 09:20:08 CEST 2016

Dear DFTB+ users,

I calculated density of states(DOS) for the system composed of graphene
nanoribbon using DFTB+NEGF. I set Fermi level at the middle of bandgap
and got a result(1).

When I stir this level(-0.05eV) for the same system, the result is
greatly changed compared with result(1). Which result should I trust.

In addition I have two questions.
First, around -4.2 eV there is a spike like noise. Why dose this one
occur?

Second, I checked the unit of DOS, but I could not know it. What is the
unit of DOS?

Thank you very much in advance,
Kazuma