[DFTB-Plus-User] Bandgap of GNR

Gabriele Penazzi penazzi at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jan 13 10:41:17 CET 2016

Hi Kazuma,

you don't need k-points in x direction here. I've run your input with
the supercell folding set to 1 in x direction (left 25 in y). I lowered
the force tolerance to 1e-3 too (didn't want to wait too long) and I get
1.42 eV (detail of dos around gap attached). Your structure seemed not
optimized but this should not be the problem, even if I run the input as
it is with the geometry you sent but removing optimization I get
something around 1.3 eV. Maybe you do some mistake when evaluating the gap.

Best
Gabriele