[DFTB-Plus-User] Failure in diagonalization routine

Jacek Jakowski jjakowski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:56:58 CET 2015

You should print the overlap matrix to the file. Then read in the overlap
matrix  to   matlab,  octave or something like.   Then you should
diagonalize  your  overlap. You should see  all the eigenvalues to be
positive and close to 1. If you see  something  very close to zero  the you
have a linear dependence in your basis set.  If you see something
negative,   then   you clerarly have your reason  for cholelsky failing.
You  can  then inspect  the corresponding eigenvectors.

Jacek