[DFTB-Plus-User] Failure in diagonalization routine

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Thu Mar 26 15:25:22 CET 2015

Dear Maksud,

> I am a new user of DFTB. My system consists of biomolecule, such as
> peptide and I want to study the interaction of OH radicals with this
> biomolecule.

In case you are sure, the geometry which you obtain after several steps
makes sense, try to set

Eigensolver = RelativelyRobust {}

so that DFTB+ uses this one instead of the DivideAndConquer one, as the
latter one has sometimes peculiar behaviour. (It's a LAPACK bug, not our
fault :-)).

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/b_aradi/