[DFTB-Plus-User] (no subject)

veerpal kaur dhiman v.veerpal.h at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:41:28 CEST 2014

Dear sir,

I have installed numpy by using following commands:

cd numpy-1.8.1
python setup.py build --fcompiler=gnu95
python setup.py install

At the beginning , i was also thinking that perhaps numpy is not installed
in my system . But today i have made it confirm by using following command :

gagan at gagan-desktop:~$ apt-cache policy python-numpy
python-numpy:
  Installed: 1:1.3.0-3build1
  Candidate: 1:1.3.0-3build1
  Version table:
 *** 1:1.3.0-3build1 0
        500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
gagan at gagan-desktop:~$

It is clear from above that numpy is installed in my system. What is
missing , I am unable to understand. Please give me any idea .

Thanking You,

Veerpal Kaur,
 Physics Deptt,
Panjab University,