[DFTB-Plus-User] Correctness of SCC convergence in DFT+NEGF

Gabriele Penazzi gabriele.penazzi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jun 27 11:53:28 CEST 2014

On 06/27/2014 11:09 AM, anz118466 at cse.iitd.ac.in wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am not sure if the peak in SCC error is a correct thing to have and if I
> should go ahead with this result. Any feedback/opinion would be much
> appreciated.

Hi Anusha,

you should check the detailed.out, if the SCC cycle goes that crazy you
may have converged to the trivial zero solution, which is physically
wrong. In that case you'll have also a crazy transmission, basicaly
noise close to zero. If on the other hand the charges are similar to the
DFTB calculation then the solution should be reasonable.

Best
Gabriele