[DFTB-Plus-User] Dispersion correction in DFTB+NEGF

Gabriele Penazzi gabriele.penazzi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Tue Jun 10 12:34:26 CEST 2014

On 06/10/2014 12:19 PM, anz118466 at cse.iitd.ac.in wrote:
> Hi Gabriele,
>
> As suggested, I tried to simulate with a smaller system in the 32-bit
> system. It produced no error (with and without dispersion correction). I
> believe it must be due to the larger system that the allocation error
> occurred. Any way to circumvent this?

Dear Anusha,

did you remove stack memory limitation? (see troubleshooting section of
the manual)
If you already did, then your system is just too big and doesn't fit in
memory.

Are you defining a partitioning (correct definition of FirstLayerAtoms
field, see also the online cookbook)? An efficient partitioning may
limit the memory consumption a lot and you can go far beyond 1500 atoms,
but this works good for quasi-1d systems. If the system is very bulky
and no partitioning is possible, you have no other chance than moving to
a machine with more memory or reduce (if you can) the system size.

Best
Gabriele