[DFTB-Plus-User] Cannot compile DFTB+.MPI

Bálint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Mon Feb 24 11:32:31 CET 2014

Dear Vince,

> blacsfx.f90(294): error #6731: Object is not a pointer object

It seems to me as a compiler bug of your "old" intel compiler, not being
able to handle the mapping of a pointer with two indices onto an array
slice with one index. This is, however, a standard Fortran 2003 feature,
but probably Intel only implemented it in 12.1 or later. By using at
least the version 12.1 of ifort, this should work. (I also managed to
compile the code with GNU Fortran 4.9, and the most recent NAG compiler
should be fine as well).

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/b_aradi/