[DL] FOIS 2021 - Call for Workshops and Tutorials
Righetti Guendalina (Student Com18)
Guendalina.Righetti at stud-inf.unibz.it
Sat Mar 13 15:50:27 CET 2021
(Apologies for potential cross-posting)
Call for Workshops and Tutorials for the 12th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information System (FOIS 2021)
Submission deadline: March 26, 2021
Notification: April 9, 2021
The Workshop and Tutorial Chairs for FOIS 2021 invite proposals for workshops and tutorials to be held either virtually or in a hybrid fashion in conjunction with FOIS 2021 before or after the main conference which will take place September 13-16, 2021.
Workshops and tutorials at FOIS 2021 are events whose scientific program is independently established by the workshop organizers. They will be responsible for advertising the workshop and reviewing and selecting the contributions. Workshops can be events that provide a forum for the discussion of topics broadly related to ontologies, formal ontology, and knowledge management and their application in information science or other areas. Together, the workshops can address a wide spectrum of topics related to ontology research, ranging from Cognitive Science to Knowledge Representation, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Logic, Philosophy, and Linguistics. They are especially suitable for interdisciplinary and innovative formats.
Previous FOIS/JOWO workshops were held in 2020 (virtually), 2019 in Graz (Austria), 2018 in Cape Town (South Africa), 2017 in Bolzano (Italy), 2016 in Annecy (France), and at IJCAI 2015 in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
As in earlier years, all contributions to accepted workshops will be published open access in a joint CEUR proceedings volume, as part of the new IAOA series (http://ceur-ws.org/iaoa.html).
We welcome proposals from researchers and practitioners interested in the theory, practice, development and/or application of ontologies and related areas are invited to submit workshop proposals for review.
We encourage several forms and length of workshops (the list is non-exhaustive):
- workshops that focus on an established research area, including continuations of workshops that were held in the past;
- workshops that focus on emerging topics and applications, or on open research questions and challenges;
- workshops that aim to create cross-disciplinary research fostering exchange of ideas between groups otherwise mostly disconnected.
Proposals for workshops and tutorials should be no more than 2 pages in length, and must contain the following information:
- title of the workshop/tutorial;
- indication of how you would like to conduct the workshop: either fully virtually or, if the pandemic situation in September allows, in a hybrid mode. Notice that we will require all workshops and tutorials to allow remote participation for those who cannot travel;
- names of the workshop/tutorial organizers; please indicate a primary contact person;
- brief description of experience in workshop/tutorial organization;
- description of the workshop/tutorial topic;
- brief description of the expected audience (please give an estimate of the expected number of participants and their background and interests, if applicable please relate this to participation in similar prior events);
- intended duration of the workshop (between half a day and a full day);
- timeline for the workshop (submission dates, notification dates), taking into account the proposed "important dates" below.
Workshop proposals should be sent to wsfois21 at loa.istc.cnr.it<mailto:wsfois21 at loa.istc.cnr.it> by March 26, 2021.
Submissions of workshop proposals will be evaluated by the FOIS workshop chairs using the following criteria:
- Scientific relevance and utility to attendees;
- Quality of the proposal;
- Likelihood of success of the workshop;
- Overlap and complementarity with other workshops.
- March 26, 2021 – Workshop proposal submission deadline
- April 9, 2021 – Workshop acceptance notification
- April 19, 2021 – 1st call for papers to be distributed by workshop organizers
- August 23, 2021 – Camera-ready versions of all papers received
- September 11-18, 2021 – Workshops and tutorials take place virtually or as hybrid events in conjunction with FOIS in Bolzano
In case of further questions please contact wsfois21 at loa.istc.cnr.it<mailto:wsfois21 at loa.istc.cnr.it>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl