[DL] DL 2020 - Second Call for Papers
stefan.borgwardt at tu-dresden.de
Sun Apr 26 15:08:22 CEST 2020
This is a quick reminder that the DL workshop will take place later this year. Together with the organizers of KR 2020 and NMR 2020 we are continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation from local authorities and the World Health Organization. If necessary, alternative solutions, such as postponement, remote presentations, etc. will be looked into and identified. We will find a common solution for KR 2020, NMR 2020 and DL 2020.
CALL FOR PAPERS
33rd International Workshop on Description Logics, DL 2020
September 12-14, 2020 - Rhodes, Greece
The DL workshop is the major annual event of the description logic research community. It is the forum in which those interested in description logics, both from academia and industry, meet to discuss ideas, share information and compare experiences. The 33rd edition will be held in Rhodes, Greece from September 12th to 14th, 2020, collocated with the 17th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, KR 2020 (https://kr2020.inf.unibz.it) and the 18th International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning, NMR 2020 (https://nmr2020.dc.uba.ar).
Paper registration deadline:
June 4, 2020
Paper submission deadline:
June 11, 2020
Fast-track notifications of acceptance (see below for details):
July 5, 2020
July 27, 2020
August 17, 2020
September 12-14, 2020
September 12-18, 2020
Andreas Herzig (CNRS and IRIT, France), joint with NMR 2020
Magdalena Ortiz (TU Wien, Austria)
Balder ten Cate (Google LLC, USA)
We invite contributions on all aspects of description logics, including, but not limited to:
* Foundations of description logics: decidability and complexity of reasoning, expressive power, novel inference problems, inconsistency management, reasoning techniques, and modularity aspects
* Extensions of description logics: closed-world and non-monotonic reasoning, epistemic reasoning, temporal and spatial reasoning, procedural knowledge, query answering, reasoning over dynamic information
* Integration of description logics with other formalisms: object-oriented representation languages, database query languages, constraint-based programming, logic programming, and rule-based systems
* Applications and use areas of description logics: ontology engineering, ontology languages, databases, ontology-based data access, semi-structured data, graph-structured data, linked data, document management, natural language, learning, explanations, planning, Semantic Web, cloud computing, conceptual modeling, web services, business processes
* Systems and tools around description logics: reasoners, software tools for and using description logic reasoning (e.g. ontology editors, database schema design, query optimization, and data integration tools), implementation and optimization techniques, benchmarking, evaluation, modeling
Submissions may be of two types:
(1) We invite regular papers of up to 11 pages (excluding references). If the authors prefer the paper to not appear in the proceedings, an additional 2-page abstract of the paper has to be submitted.
(2) Authors can submit abstracts of up to 2 pages (excluding references) of papers accepted or under review at a conference. The abstract should specify where the paper has been accepted or is under review and the original paper should be submitted as an appendix. In case of acceptance, only the 2-page abstract will appear in the proceedings.
* Both regular papers and abstracts must be formatted using the Springer LNCS style with the correct fonts. The list of references does not count towards the page limits.
* DL 2020 allows (but does not require) submissions to be anonymous, i.e. the PC members and the reviewers will not see the identity of authors in the submission system (EasyChair). If you wish to conceal your identity, please don’t forget to omit it from the PDF file you are submitting.
* The option to publish a 2-page abstract is designed for authors who wish to announce results that have been published elsewhere, or which the authors intend to submit or have already submitted to a venue with an incompatible prior/concurrent publication policy.
* All submissions may optionally include a clearly marked appendix (e.g. with additional proofs or evaluation data). The appendix will be read at the discretion of the reviewers and not included in the proceedings. The appendix does not need to be in LNCS format.
* Accepted regular papers and 2-page abstracts will be made available electronically in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings series (http://www.CEUR-ws.org/). However, due to a change of policy at CEUR-WS.org, 2-page abstracts will not be indexed by dblp.org anymore.
* Accepted submissions, be they regular papers or 2-page abstracts, will be selected for either oral or poster presentation at the workshop. Submissions will be judged solely based on their content, and the type of submission will have no bearing on the decision between oral and poster presentation.
* In the period between abstract and paper submission (June 4-11), authors may request "fast-track" reviewing to receive an earlier notification for their paper (July 5). This option is only permitted for authors that require more than 30 days to obtain a visa to travel to Greece. To do so, authors should send an e-mail to dl2020 at easychair.org, including the submission number of the paper and a statement explaining the circumstances that require fast-track reviewing, preferably with a link to an official statement about visa processing times.
Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dl2020
A limited number of student grants for participating in DL 2020 are available. The grants consist of a fixed amount that can be used to cover travel costs and registration fees.
July 20, 2020
August 3, 2020
* Stefan Borgwardt, TU Dresden, Germany (program co-chair)
* Bernardo Cuenca Grau, University of Oxford, UK (general chair)
* Thomas Meyer, CAIR and University of Cape Town, South Africa (program co-chair)
* Pavlos Peppas, University of Patras, Greece (local organizer)
* Information about submission, registration, travel information, etc., will be available on the DL 2020 homepage: https://dl2020.inf.unibz.it
* The official description logic homepage is at http://dl.kr.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5206 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the dl