[DL] 1st CFP: SACAIR 2020
tmeyer at cair.org.za
Wed Mar 18 15:57:42 CET 2020
Call for Papers: SACAIR2020
AI Transforming Humanity
Southern African Conference for Artificial Intelligence Research
Conference Website: www.sacair.org.za <http://www.sacair.org.za/>
The Organising Committee of the Southern African Conference for Artificial Intelligence Research (SACAIR 2020) invites the submission of full papers for presentation at the conference, to be held at 26 Degrees South Hotel and Conference Centre in Muldersdrift in Gauteng Province, South Africa, from 2-4 December 2020.
SACAIR2020 is the sequel to the inaugural Forum for Artificial Intelligence Research (FAIR2019) which took place in December 2019 in Cape Town, South Africa. The conference theme is ‘AI transforming Humanity’.
We solicit submissions on, but not limited to, the following broad areas of Artificial Intelligence:
- Machine Learning
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Applications of AI
- AI for Ethics and Society (including data ethics, machine ethics, ethics of social robotics, neuro ethics, trustworthy and sustainable AI, aesthetics of AI, and AI and the performing and visual arts)
- AI for Development and Social Good (including any aspect of AI within Information Systems, AI and socio-technical systems, AI business capability and AI-driven business models, AI supporting sustainable development and biodiversity informatics)
Structure of the Conference
30 November 2020: Student unconference*
1 December 2020: Tutorials and Opening Ceremony
2-4 December 2020: Conference
*(a student driven event for students to interact with each other as well as with sponsors and other possible employers)
Full papers will undergo a double blind peer-reviewing process, complying with the requirements of the South African DHET research output policy.
- All accepted papers will appear in the accredited Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) and papers need to conform to the Springer guidelines.
- All papers should report original research that has neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts may be submitted through a plagiarism-checking tool, following both submission for review and the arrival of the files at Springer.
- Submission of 150-400 word abstract: 31 July 2020
- Submission of full papers: 10 August 2020
- Outcome of reviews to authors: 30 September 2020
- Final submission date of final revised full papers ready for publication: 30 October 2020
Any enquiries can be made to sacair2020 at gmail.com <mailto:sacair2020 at gmail.com>
Emma Ruttkamp-Bloem (general organising chair)
Aurona Gerber (technical programme chair)
Anban Pillay (organising committee member)
Alta de Waal (organising committee member)
Karabo Maiyane (student)
Emile Engelbrecht (student)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl