[DL] 1 month Programming Internship - Algorithms Group - University of Bergen - Norway - Soft Deadline: 15 October
marija.slavkovik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 11:45:54 CEST 2019
apologies for crossposting
Applications for a short-term programming internship at the University
of Bergen are sought.
The internship will happen in the context of the project
"Automated Theorem Proving from the Mindset of Parameterized Complexity Theory".
The internship is open for students enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D.
program in computer
science, anywhere on earth.
Prospective applicants should have excellent programming skills in C++
and an excellent
background in algorithms. Proficiency in automata theory is a great advantage.
The main activity will be the implementation of new parameterized
algorithms in the
field of automata theory. The language of use is C++.
Depending on your interests, you may also choose to be involved in the
process of writing
research papers related to the topics of the internship. Applicants
with interest in writing scientific work
will be given preference.
1) You need to be enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. program in computer
science (anywhere on earth).
2) Excellent programming skills in C++
3) Excellent background in algorithms.
4) Proficiency in Automata theory is an advantage.
5) The ability to work independently and in a structured manner is a
We will reimburse expenses with the following:
1) return flight/train tickets between your location and Bergen.
Note: Travel arrangements and search for accommodation should be done by
the student. The reimbursement of expenses only occurs at the end of
The ideal duration of the internship is 1 month. Slightly longer stays
are also possible.
Flexible. Two ideal periods are specified below. But feel free to
suggest other dates, if the
suggested ones do not work for you.
18/Nov - 20 December.
13/Jan - 07 February.
If the internship described above sounds interesting to you,
please send the following information, in a single PDF file, to
mateus.oliveira at uib.no . Please write INTERNSHIP in the subject
1) A short application letter. At most one page.
2) Your CV.
3) Your Grades.
4) Specification of your level of expertise in C++.
5) Specification of your level of expertise in Algorithms.
6) Specification of your level of expertise in Automata Theory.
7) Estimated starting-finishing dates.
8) A cost estimate, including the cost for a return ticket between your
location and Bergen, and the cost for 1 month of accommodation in Bergen.
We will start to review applications on 15 October. But applications
will be accepted
on a continuous base until the internship positions are filled.
For further questions, get in touch with mateus.oliveira at uib.no
More information about the dl