[DL] [CFP] IEEE SMC 2019 Special Session on Semantic Cyber-Physical Systems for Industry 4.0
Hasan Ali Khattak
hasan.alikhattak at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 08:48:38 CET 2019
*CALL FOR PAPERS*
*SPECIAL SESSION ON*
*“Semantic Cyber-Physical Systems for Industry 4.0”*
*IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics SMC’19*
*October 6-9, 2019 – Bari, Italy*
Cyber-Physical Systems are enhancing several industry sectors through a
higher coordination between computational and physical elements.
Nevertheless, challenges remain at multiple levels:
· coping with platform hardware/software heterogeneity and
computational resource restrictions;
· device communication and interoperability, requiring protocols and
systems with high autonomy and flexibility in information storage,
management and discovery;
· real-time event detection and characterization: dynamic
context-aware data analysis should leverage resources from available nearby
devices in an opportunistic way and produce human- and
machine-understandable event annotations;
· high-level frameworks and applications for resource-constrained
and/or real-time platforms, integrating personal devices (smartphones,
tablets, wearables) into industrial control networks to put humans in the
Semantic technologies provide a possible solution paradigm, fostering open
knowledge-based architectures exploiting automated reasoning for
information management and decision making.
The goal of the “Semantic Cyber-Physical Systems for Industry 4.0” special
session is to collect the most recent and advanced research on topics such
as the Semantic Web of Things, opportunistic computing and semantic-enabled
systems where devices, agents and people interact, specifically in Industry
4.0 settings. Innovative applications and case studies are also welcome,
including semantic-based approaches for smart manufacturing, supply chain
management, collaboration and co-design to name a few.
- Semantic-based Web of Things architectures for industrial settings
- Semantic-enabled protocols and services for Industry 4.0 applications
- Semantic-based decision support systems for Industry 4.0
- Integration of AI technologies in the Industry 4.0
- Knowledge representation and reasoning in cyber-physical systems
- Intelligent adaptive object interaction for Industrial Internet of Things
- Knowledge discovery in decentralized and collaborative Industry 4.0
- Machine Learning in resource-constrained systems
- Semantic-enhanced predictive maintenance techniques
- Big Data architectures and solutions for manufacturing scenarios
Papers must be submitted electronically for peer review through PaperCept
<http://controls.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl> by March
31, 2019: *http://controls.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl*
<http://controls.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl>. In PaperCept,
click on the SMC 2019 link “Submit a Contribution to SMC'19”, then click on
the “Submit” link in the “Special Session Papers” row and follow the
the submission form, the “Code” value for this special session is: i44xj*
All papers must be written in English and should describe original work.
For guidelines, please follow the the SMC website link
March 31, 2019: deadline for paper submission.
June 7, 2019: notification of paper acceptance/rejection.
July 7, 2019: deadline for final camera-ready papers.
October 6-9, 2019: conference dates.
Floriano Scioscia, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy (
floriano.scioscia at poliba.it)
Hasan Ali Khattak, COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan (
hasan.alikhattak at comsats.edu.pk)
Giuseppe Loseto, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy (
giuseppe.loseto at poliba.it)
Agnese Pinto, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy (agnese.pinto at poliba.it)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl