[DL] First call for papers: Special Session on "Semantic Cyber-Physical Systems for Industry 4.0” @ IEEE SMC'19
floriano.scioscia at poliba.it
Fri Feb 22 13:06:59 CET 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
SPECIAL SESSION ON
“Semantic Cyber-Physical Systems for Industry 4.0”
IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC’19)
October 6-9, 2019 – Bari, Italy
Cyber-Physical Systems are enhancing several industry sectors through a higher coordination between computational and physical elements. Nevertheless, challenges remain at multiple levels:
- coping with platform hardware/software heterogeneity and computational resource restrictions;
- device communication and interoperability, requiring protocols and systems with high autonomy and flexibility in information storage, management and discovery;
- real-time event detection and characterization: dynamic context-aware data analysis should leverage resources from available nearby devices in an opportunistic way and produce human- and machine-understandable event annotations;
- high-level frameworks and applications for resource-constrained and/or real-time platforms, integrating personal devices (smartphones, tablets, wearables) into industrial control networks to put humans in the loop.
Semantic technologies provide a possible solution paradigm, fostering open knowledge-based architectures exploiting automated reasoning for information management and decision making.
The goal of the “Semantic Cyber-Physical Systems for Industry 4.0” special session is to collect the most recent and advanced research on topics such as the Semantic Web of Things, opportunistic computing and semantic-enabled systems where devices, agents and people interact, specifically in Industry 4.0 settings. Innovative applications and case studies are also welcome, including semantic-based approaches for smart manufacturing, supply chain management, collaboration and co-design to name a few.
- Semantic-based Web of Things architectures for industrial settings
- Semantic-enabled protocols and services for Industry 4.0 applications
- Semantic-based decision support systems for Industry 4.0
- Integration of AI technologies in the Industry 4.0
- Knowledge representation and reasoning in cyber-physical systems
- Intelligent adaptive object interaction for Industrial Internet of Things
- Knowledge discovery in decentralized and collaborative Industry 4.0 platforms
- Machine Learning in resource-constrained systems
- Semantic-enhanced predictive maintenance techniques
- Big Data architectures and solutions for manufacturing scenarios
Papers must be submitted electronically for peer review through PaperCept by March 31, 2019: http://controls.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl. In PaperCept, click on the SMC 2019 link “Submit a Contribution to SMC'19”, then click on the “Submit” link in the “Special Session Papers” row and follow the steps. In the submission form, the “Code” value for this special session is: i44xj
All papers must be written in English and should describe original work. For guidelines, please follow the the SMC website link http://smc2019.org/information_for_authors.html
March 31, 2019: deadline for paper submission.
June 7, 2019: notification of paper acceptance/rejection.
July 7, 2019: deadline for final camera-ready papers.
October 6-9, 2019: conference dates.
Floriano Scioscia, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy (floriano.scioscia at poliba.it<mailto:floriano.scioscia at poliba.it>)
Hasan Ali Khattak, COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan (hasan.alikhattak at comsats.edu.pk<mailto:hasan.alikhattak at comsats.edu.pk>)
Giuseppe Loseto, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy (giuseppe.loseto at poliba.it<mailto:giuseppe.loseto at poliba.it>)
Agnese Pinto, Polytechnic University of Bari, Italy (agnese.pinto at poliba.it<mailto:agnese.pinto at poliba.it>)
Floriano Scioscia, Ph.D.
Information Systems<http://sisinflab.poliba.it/> Research Group
Department of Electrical and Information Engineering<http://dei.poliba.it/>
Polytechnic University of Bari<http://www.poliba.it/>
Home page: http://sisinflab.poliba.it/scioscia/
Informativa Privacy - Ai sensi del Regolamento (UE) 2016/679 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e ad uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La preghiamo di eliminarlo senza copiarlo e di non inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie. Privacy Information - This message, for the Regulation (UE) 2016/679, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl