[DL] CFP: 4th Workshop on Sentic Computing, Sentiment Analysis, Opinion Mining, and Emotion @ ESWC 2018
alammehw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:17:00 CET 2018
CFP: 4th Workshop on Sentic Computing, Sentiment Analysis, Opinion Mining, and Emotion Detection
at ESWC, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 2018
Workshop URL: http://www.maurodragoni.com/research/opinionmining/events/ <http://www.maurodragoni.com/research/opinionmining/events/>
With the rapid growth of Web a plethora of information is being published on-line by users on social networks, online communities, blogs, wikis, etc. This collective intelligence has spread to many different areas, with particular focus on fields related to everyday life such as commerce, tourism, education, and health, causing the size of the social Web to expand exponentially.
To identify the emotions (e.g. sentiment polarity, sadness, happiness, anger, irony, sarcasm, etc.) and the modality (e.g. doubt, certainty, obligation, liability, desire, etc.) expressed in this continuously growing content is critical to enable the correct interpretation of the opinions expressed or reported about social events, political movements, company strategies, marketing campaigns, product preferences, etc. by the masses. This has attracted the attention of scientific community, by providing it with new research challenges, as well as in the business world, as applications such as marketing and financial prediction would gain remarkable benefits.
Based on the lessons learned from the three previous editions, this year the scope of the workshop is a bit broader (although still focusing on a very specific domain) and accepted submissions will include abstracts and position papers in addition to full papers. The workshop's main focus will be discussion rather than presentations, which are seen as seeds for boosting discussion topics, and an expected result will be a joint manifesto and a research roadmap that will provide the Semantic Web community with inspiring research challenges.
== TOPICS ==
The main topics include but are not limited to:
* Ontologies and knowledge bases for emotion recognition
* Topic and entity based emotion recognition
* Semantics in the evolution of emotions within and across social media systems and topics
* Semantic processing of social media for emotion recognition
* Contextualised emotion recognition
* Comparison of semantic approaches for emotion recognition
* Personalised semantic emotion recognition and monitoring
* Using semantics for prediction of emotions towards events, people, organisations, etc.
* Baselines and datasets for semantic emotion recognition
* Semantics in stream-based emotion recognition
* Comparison between semantic and non-semantic approaches for emotion recognition
* Multimodal emotion recognition
* Multilingual sentiment analysis
* Challenges in using semantics for emotion recognition
* Retrieval of emotion-based documents from repositories
* Deep learning and knowledge-enabled approaches for sentiment analysis
* Big Data tools and techniques for sentiment analysis
* Applications of sentiment analysis within specific domains (e.g. health, robotics)
== IMPORTANT DATES ==
March 3, 2018, 23:59 CET: Full, Short, and Position papers submission deadline
March 31, 2018, 23:59 CET: Notification of acceptance
April 13, 2018, 23:59 CET: Camera-ready paper due
ESWC 2018 Workshop day: June 3th, 2018, the whole day
== SUBMISSION GUIDELINES ==
* Papers must comply with the LNCS style.
* Papers are submitted in PDF format via the workshopâs EasyChair submission pages https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=emsasw2018 <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=emsasw2018> (remember to select the Workshop topic)
Submissions can fall in one of the following categories:
- Full research papers (up to 8-10 pages)
- Short research papers (up to 4-6 pages)
- Position papers (2 pages)
Accepted papers will be published by CEURâWS. The best paper (according to the reviewersâ rate) will be published within the main conference proceedings. At least one of the authors of the accepted papers must register for the workshop (pre-conference only option) to be included into the workshop proceedings.
== WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS ==
Diego Reforgiato Recupero
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl