[DL] IJCAI-ECAI 2018 - Call for Tutorials
meghyn.bienvenu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 04:49:45 CET 2017
IJCAI-ECAI-2018 CALL FOR TUTORIALS
IJCAI-ECAI-18 invites proposals for the Tutorial Track. Tutorials will be held on
July 13-15, 2018, immediately prior to the technical conference. Tutorial attendance
is complimentary for all IJCAI-ECAI-18 conference registrants.
//// OBJECTIVES ////
Tutorials should serve one or more of the following objectives:
* Introduce novices to major topics within Artificial Intelligence.
* Introduce expert non-specialists to an AI subarea.
* Motivate and explain a topic of emerging importance for AI.
* Survey a mature area of AI research and/or practice.
* Provide instruction in established but specialized AI methodologies.
* Present a novel synthesis combining distinct lines of AI work.
* Introduce AI audiences to an external topic that can motivate or use AI research.
* Mentor AI researchers (particularly, junior researchers) on a broad AI-relevant
non-technical topic (examples could be AI jobs, or ethical issues in AI).
Tutorials are intended to cover reasonably well-established information in a balanced
way. Tutorials should not be used to advocate a single avenue of research, nor should
they promote a product. We encourage tutorials with a hands-on component or other
interactive element. We also welcome tutorials with explicit ties to IJCAI-ECAI-18’s
theme of the Evolution of the Contours of AI.
//// KEY DATES ////
* Proposal Submission Deadline: January 10, 2018 (tentative)
* Acceptance Notification: February 10, 2018 (tentative)
* Title, Abstract, and Speaker Biography Deadline: March 6, 2018
* Syllabus and Course Handouts Posted: June 12, 2018
* IJCAI-18 Tutorials: July 13-15, 2018
//// SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS ////
Tutorial proposals should be submitted to:
Proposals must be submitted as a single PDF file containing the following information:
* A two-sentence description of the tutorial, suitable for inclusion in the conference
* A two-paragraph description of the tutorial, suitable for a web page overview.
* Proposed length of the tutorial: 1/4 or 1/2 day (one or two 1:45h slots respectively)
* A detailed, point-form outline of the tutorial.
* A brief characterization of the potential target audience for the tutorial, including
* A brief description of why the tutorial topic would be of interest to a substantial part
of the IJCAI audience, and which of the above objectives are best served by the tutorial.
* A brief resume of the presenter(s), which should include:
* Name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address
* Background in the tutorial area, including a list of publications/presentations
* Citation to an available example of work in the area (ideally, a published tutorial-level
article or presentation materials on the subject)
* Evidence of teaching experience (courses taught or references)
* Evidence of scholarship in AI or Computer Science
//// CONTACT ////
Any questions about the tutorial program should be directed to the tutorial chairs:
* Bo An (boan at ntu.edu.sg <mailto:boan at ntu.edu.sg>)
* Meghyn Bienvenu (meghyn at lirmm.fr <mailto:meghyn at lirmm.fr>)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl