[DL] Final Call for Workshop Proposals: International Conference on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Espoo, Finland, July 3-6, 2017
peter.schuller at marmara.edu.tr
Fri Dec 16 08:43:35 CET 2016
Final Call for Workshop Proposals
14th International Conference on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Reasoning
Espoo, Finland, July 3 - 6, 2017
The 14th International Conference on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Reasoning will be held in Espoo, Finland from July 3 to 6, 2017. LPNMR is a forum for exchanging ideas on declarative logic programming, non-monotonic reasoning, and knowledge representation. Workshops co-located with LPNMR are one of the best venues for the presentation and discussion of preliminary work, novel ideas, and new open problems regarding the topics of LPNMR, which include, but not limited to:
1. Foundations of LPNMR Systems:
* Semantics of new and existing languages;
* Action languages, causality;
* Formalization of Commonsense Reasoning and understanding its laws and nature;
* Relationships among formalisms;
* Complexity and expressive power;
* Inference algorithms and heuristics for LPNMR systems;
* Extensions of traditional LPNMR languages such as new logical connectives or new inference capabilities;
* Updates, revision, and other operations on LPNMR systems;
* Uncertainty in LPNMR systems.
2. Implementation of LPNMR systems:
* System descriptions, comparisons, evaluations;
* Algorithms and novel techniques for efficient evaluation;
* LPNMR benchmarks.
3. Applications of LPNMR:
* Use of LPNMR in Commonsense Reasoning and other areas of KR;
* LPNMR languages and algorithms in planning, diagnosis, argumentation, reasoning with preferences, decision-making, and policies;
* Applications of LPNMR languages in data integration and exchange systems, software engineering and model checking;
* Applications of LPNMR to bioinformatics, linguistics, psychology, and other sciences;
* Integration of LPNMR systems with other computational paradigms;
* Embedded LPNMR: Systems using LPNMR subsystems.
Co-located workshops also provide an opportunity for presenting specialized topics and opportunities for intensive discussions and project collaboration. The format of the workshop will be decided by the workshop organizers, but ample time should be allowed for general discussion. Workshops can vary in length, but the optimal duration will be half a day or a full day. We expect the workshops to be on July 3, 2017.
Those interested in organizing a workshop at LPNMR 2017 are invited to submit a workshop proposal. Proposals should be in English and about 1-2 pages in length. They should contain:
* The title of the workshop
* A brief technical description of the topics covered by the workshop
* A discussion of the timeline and relevance of the workshop
* A list of some related workshops held in the recent years
* An estimate of the number of expected attendees
* The names, affiliation, and contact details (email, web page) of the workshop organizer(s) together with a designated contact person
* The previous experience of the workshop organizing committee in workshop/conference organization
Proposals are expected in ASCII or PDF format. All proposals should be submitted to the Workshop Chair (Joohyung Lee, joolee at asu.edu) by email no later than
December 20, 2016.
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Workshop Chair and the Conference Program Chairs. Proposals that appear well-organized and that fit the goals and the scope of LPNMR will be selected. The decision will be notified by email to the responsible organizer by December 27, 2016.
Workshop Organizers' Tasks:
* Producing a "Call for Papers" for the workshop and posting it on the Internet and other means
* Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference program
* Reviewing/accepting submitted papers
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the local organizers and the Workshop Chair
* Sending workshop program and workshop proceedings in pdf format to the Workshop Chair for distribution at the conference
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email. Please distribute to interested parties.)
More information about the dl