[DL] Final CFP: 7th China Semantic Web Symposium & 2nd Web ScienceConference (CSWS 2013)
guilin_qi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 16 08:42:51 CEST 2013
Apologies for Multiple Postings
7th China Semantic Web Symposium & 2nd Web Science Conference (CSWS 2013)
August 12th-18th, 2013
With only a few years, the rapid developing Web has led to revolutionary changes in the whole human society. The Semantic Web is the next generation of the Web. It provides a common framework that allows data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries. Semantic Web technologies facilitate building a large-scale Web of machine-readable and machine-understandable knowledge, and thus facilitate data reuse and integration so that the new generation of the Web can provide better applications and services. Nowadays, many scholars and experts are devoting them to the work of applying the Semantic Web theories into specific practice, while in turn improving the Semantic Web standards and technologies according to the demand in practice. Web Science involves full scope of Web-related researches and applications, and it integrates the Web-related interdisciplinary researches into a new field of scientific research. This joint
conference aims to promote expansions from the Semantic Web to Web Science, and then to discuss the core technologies of Next Generation Web, such as the Web and swarm intelligence, a new generation of semantic search, semantic and Web security and so on.
1. Scope and Interests
The theme of CSWS 2013 is ``Linked Data & Knowledge Graph". CSWS 2013 invites submissions of original work. The topics of the symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Languages, tools, and methodologies for ontology engineering
- Ontology extraction/induction from data and the Web
- Ontology engineering (including ontology matching, merging, evolution, versioning, ect.)
- Ontology/knowledge patterns
- Semantic search
- Ontology management and maintenance
- Ontology and data quality and evaluation
- Ontologies for semantic technologies
- Network analysis of the Web and human communities on the Web
- Detailed studies of micro-level processes and interactions on the Web
- Collective intelligence and social computing
- The architecture and philosophy of the Web
- The intersection of design and human interaction on the Web
- Economics and social innovation on the Web
- Governance, democracy, intellectual property, and the commons
- Personal data, trust, and privacy
- Social media mining and searching
- Studies of Linked Data, the Cloud, and digital eco-systems.
- Web access, literacy, and development
- Knowledge, education, and scholarship on and through the Web
- People-driven Web technologies, including crowd-sourcing, open data, and new interfaces
2. Instructions for Authors
Submission is via EasyChair at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csws-2013. Accepted papers written in English will be published by Springer in the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series (http://www.springer.com/series/7899) and will be indexed by EI Compendex. Accepted papers written in Chinese will be published in a special issue of Journal of Southeast University (Chinese Edition), which is indexed by EI. At least one of the authors of an accepted paper must attend the conference and present their work to ensure publication of their paper.
* Submissions should not have been previously accepted, published, presented, or be under review for another conference or journal.
* Submissions should be written in either English or Chinese, and be no longer than 14 pages (research paper) or 4 pages (poster & demo paper), following the LNCS style. Accepted papers, before publication in journals, should be further revised following corresponding styles.
* Abstract submission deadline: May 19, 2013
* Full paper submission deadline: May 24, 2013
* Notification: June 20, 2013
* Camera-ready: July 10, 2013
4. Further Information
For further information, please contact the PC co-chairs
Guilin Qi, Southeast University, Email: gqi at seu.edu.cn
Jie Tang, Tsinghua University, Email: jery.tang at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl