[DL] RecSys 2012: CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
karen at tid.es
Fri Feb 10 14:25:53 CET 2012
[Apologies for cross-posting]
RecSys 2012: CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
6th ACM International Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2012)
September 9 - 13, 2012, Dublin, Ireland
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2012
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
RecSys 2012 is pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in
conjunction with the conference. The goal of the workshops is to provide
additional venues for presenting research on topics of interest and an
informal forum to discuss research questions and challenges.
We encourage proposals for a wide range of workshops, including but not
- Working group meetings organized around a specific problem; such
workshops may wish to ask participants to submit a short white paper or
- One day mini-conferences on specialized topics; such workshops may have
their own paper submission and review processes.
- Mini-competitions or challenges around selected topics with individual
or team participation.
We welcome proposals for half-day and full-day workshops.
We encourage you to contact us in advance (jill.freyne at csiro.au,
pearl.pu at epfl.ch) with workshop ideas; we will work with prospective
workshop organizers to help them design successful proposals. We actively
encourage both researchers and industry practitioners to submit workshop
- March 15, 2012: Workshop proposals due
- Apr 7, 2012: Decisions announced
- Jun 8, 2012: Workshop paper submission deadline
- Jun 22, 2012: Author notification
- Jul 6, 2012: Camera-ready workshop papers due
- Sept 9, 2012: Workshops day 1
- Sept 13, 2012: Workshops day 2
The workshop proposal should be a PDF document no more than 4 pages long,
submitted by e-mail to jill.freyne at csiro.au and organized as follows:
1. Workshop Title
2. Name, email address, and affiliation for workshop chair(s)
3. Requested duration (half day or full day), and maximum number of
4. Short description of workshop for use in advertising workshop to
prospective participants. This description should include the topic,
format, and details about what type of submission is requested from
prospective attendees. It should not include the title, organizers, or fee
structure (all of which will be inserted by the conference).
5. Description of workshop activities. Outline how the workshop will be
organized and how the time will be spent. If the workshop is selective,
also outline the process of selecting participants.
6. Description of plans for promoting the workshop (aside from the
conference website and announcements, how will you let people know about
7. Plans for disseminating the results of the workshop (if any).
8. History of prior workshops on this topic (if any).
Please visit the conference website at http://recsys.acm.org/2012/ for
RecSys 2012 WORKSHOP CHAIRS
Jill Freyne, CSIRO, Australia
Pearl Pu, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
For more details on the 2012 edition of RecSys, please visit the
conference website: http://recsys.acm.org/2012/ or you can follow us on
Torre Telefonica Diagonal 00
Plaza de Ernest Lluch i Martín, 5, floor 15
08019 Barcelona Spain
Tel: +34 93 123 33 54
Email: karen at tid.es
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at
More information about the dl