[DL] 2nd Call for Papers: ISPA 2012 -- The 10th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications
ispa2012 at piojito.arcos.inf.uc3m.es
Sat Dec 17 14:49:34 CET 2011
Dear Sir or Madam,
(We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message)
ISPA 2012 CALL FOR PAPERS
The 10th IEEE International Symposium on
Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications
Madrid, Spain, 10-13 July 2012
** Important Dates **
Papers due: January, 15, 2012 Camera ready: April, 15 2012
Notification: March, 15 2012 Conference dates: July, 10-13, 2012
ISPA-12 follows the traditions of previous successful ISPA conferences, ISPA-03 (Aizu, Japan),
ISPA-04 (Hong Kong), ISPA-05 (Nanjing, China), ISPA-06 (Sorrento, Italy), ISPA-07 (Niagara Falls,
Canada) and ISPA-08 (Sydney, Australia), ISPA-09 (Chengdu, China), ISPA-10 (Taipei, Taiwan),
ISPA-11 (Busan, Korea).
The objective of ISPA 2012 is to provide a forum for scientists and engineers in academia and
industry to exchange and discuss their experiences, new ideas, research results, and applications
about all aspects of parallel and distributed computing and networking. It will feature session
presentations, workshops, tutorials, and keynote speeches. ISPA-12 is sponsored by IEEE Technical
Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC) and IEEE Computer Society.
Topics of interest
* Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, and Applications.
* High-performance scientific and engineering computing.
* Building block processors: FPGA, multicore, GPU, SoC
* Architectures and Virtualization.
* Middleware and tools.
* Network and pervasive computing.
* Performance simulations, measurement, and evaluations.
* Reliability, fault tolerance, and security.
* Database, data mining, and data management.
* Virtualization techniques, tools, and applications.
* Parallel/distributed system architectures.
* Tools/environments for parallel/distributed software development.
* Novel parallel programming paradigms.
* Code generation and optimization.
* Compilers for parallel computers
* Distributed systems and applications.
* Wireless networks, mobile, and pervasive computing.
* Energy management and power optimization.
* Green Computing and Energy-aware computing.
* Grid and cluster computing.
* Cloud systems and services.
* Programming models for Cloud services and applications.
* Internet computing and web services.
* Database applications, data mining, and data management.
* Data intensive applications and Internet-Of-Things.
* IoT and Ubiquitous computing: application scenarios.
* Submissions should not exceed 8 pages in IEEE CS proceedings paper format, including tables and figures.
All paper submissions must represent original and unpublished work. Submission of a paper should be
regarded as an undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register
for the conference and present the work. Submissions will be conducted electronically on the conference
Extended versions of distinguished selected papers accepted and presented in
ISPA 2012, after further revisions, will be published in issues of following
indexed international journals:
- Cluster computing, Springer.
- The Computer Journal, Oxford.
- Int. Journal of Parallel Programming, Springer.
- Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, Springer.
- Computer & Electrical Engineering, Elsevier.
- Clouds for Business, Business for Clouds.
- International Workshop on Cross-Stratum Optimization for Cloud Computing and Distributed Networked Applications.
- International Workshop on AstroParticles Physics Advanced Computing (APPAC).
- International Workshop on Multicore Cache Hierarchies: Design and Programmability Issues.
- HAC 2012: International Workshop on Heterogeneus Architectures and Computing.
- International Workshop On The Growing Problems with Scalable, Heterogeneous Infrastructures.
- International Workshop on Stream Computing Applications.
Best paper awards
The Program Committee of ISPA 2012 will give two best paper awards: one NVIDIA Best Student
Paper Award and one NVIDIA Best Paper Award. Best Paper Awards will be given to the author(s)
of a full paper presented at the conference, selected by the Organizing Committee. The Best
Paper Award is a Tesla C2075 computing processor, sponsored by NVIDIA.
Minyi Guo (Shanghai Jia Tong University, China)
Laurence T. Yang (St. Francis Xavier University, Canada)
David Abramson (Monash eScience and Grid Lab, Australia)
J. Daniel GarcÃa (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain)
Thomas Ludwig (German Climate Computing Center and University of Hamburg, Germany)
FÃ©lix GarcÃa (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain)
James J. (Jong Hyuk) Park (Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Korea)
Ruppa K. Thulasiram (University of Manitoba, Canada)
Nelson Amaral (University of Alberta, Canada)
JesÃºs Carretero (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain)
Mitsuhisa Sato (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
Florin Isaila (University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain)
Avery Ching (Yahoo, USA)
Robert Latham (Argonne National Labs, USA)
International Advisory Committee
Hamid R. Arabnia (The University of Georgia, USA)
Alok Choudhary (Northwestern University, USA)
Jack Dongarra (University of Tennessee, USA)
Ian Foster (Argonne National Laboratory and The University of Chicago, USA)
Hai Jin (Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China)
Eleni Karatza (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece)
Victor C.M. Leung (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Stephan Olariu (Old Dominion University, USA)
Yi Pan (Georgia State University, USA)
Stephen S. Yau (Arizona State University, USA)
Albert Y. Zomaya (The University of Sydney, Australia)
Edson Borin (University of Campinas, Brasil)
Paolo Bellavista (University of Bologna, Italy)
Christian Engelmann (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA)
Akihiro Inokuchi (Osaka University, Japan)
Raffaele Montella (University of Napoli Parthenope, Italy)
Rainer Keller (HLRS, Germany)
Parimala Thulasiraman (University of Manitoba, Canada)
International Program Committee
**Please visit the conference web site (http://www.arcos.inf.uc3m.es/ispa2012/)
More information about the dl