[DL] Open Position: 1 Postdoctoral Researcher/Doctoral Research Assistant in Logic-Based Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
birte.glimm at uni-ulm.de
Fri Dec 16 17:02:14 CET 2011
** Apologies for cross-posting **
The following position is available immediately at the *Faculty of
Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Ulm* within the
of Artificial Intelligence*:
*1 Postdoctoral Researcher/Doctoral Research Assistant *(Computer
Science, 13 TV-L)
The position is a fulltime position and initially limited to two years.
The successful candidate will be associated with the Institute of
Artificial Intelligence with his or her work focusing on logic-based
knowledge representation (in particular description logics), ontological
reasoning, query languages for the Semantic Web or related areas.
- Carry out research within the institute in the above mentioned topics
- Prepare publications and presentations
- Assist with the organization, coordination and teaching of courses in
- Participate in the supervision of BSc or MSc theses
The position can be used for further scientific qualification (PhD or
- Candidates must have a degree in computer science, mathematics or a
related field (diploma, MSc or PhD)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of German is an advantage
- Ideally, candidates have a good understanding of logics, e.g.,
first-order, description or modal logics
- Programming experience, e.g., with Java, is an advantage
- Intensive supervision of the doctoral studies or the scientific works
- Good contacts and cooperations within Germany and internationally
- A young and enthusiastic team
The University of Ulm is committed to increase the share of women in
research and teaching positions and therefore explicitly encourages female
candidates to apply.
The application deadline is *January 15, 2012*, but applications will
continue to be considered until the position is filled. Please send your
application under the *reference number 130* via email to
birte.glimm at uni-ulm.de. Your application should include: CV, degree
certificates, an abstract for your most recent degree/thesis (MSc, diploma,
or PhD), a short description of your research interests, a reference letter
or nomination of referees.
Please address any questions regarding the position to Juniorprof. Dr.
Birte Glimm (birte.glimm at uni-ulm.de).
Job sharing is always possible for full time positions. Physically disabled
applicants receive favourable consideration when equally qualified. The
appointment is made by the central university administration.
University of Ulm, Institute of Artificial Intelligence:
Jun. Prof. Dr. Birte Glimm Tel.: +49 731 50 24125
Inst. of Artificial Intelligence Secr: +49 731 50 24258
University of Ulm Fax: +49 731 50 24188
D-89069 Ulm birte.glimm at uni-ulm.de
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dl