[DL] NMR 2012 Call for Papers
woltran at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 24 10:19:37 CEST 2011
CALL FOR PAPERS
14th International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR 2012)
Co-located with KR 2012, DL 2012, AI*IA 2012
June 8-10, 2012
AIMS AND SCOPE
The NMR workshop series is the premier specialized forum for researchers in
non-monotonic reasoning and related areas. This will be the 14th workshop in
the series. Its aim is to bring together active researchers in the broad area
of non-monotonic reasoning, including belief revision, reasoning about
actions, argumentation, declarative programming, preferences, non-monotonic
reasoning for ontologies, uncertainty, and other related topics.
In this year, NMR will share a joint session together with the International
Workshop on Description Logics (DL 2012).
NMR 2012 welcomes the submission of papers broadly centered on issues and
research in non-monotonic reasoning. We welcome papers of either a
theoretical or practical nature. Topics of interest include (but are not
- abductive reasoning and diagnosis
- algorithms and complexity analysis
- argumentation and argument-based non-monotonic logics
- answer set programming,
- belief revision and information fusion
- belief updating and inconsistency handling
- declarative programming for non-monotonic reasoning
- default reasoning
- empirical studies of reasoning strategies
- foundations of non-monotonic reasoning
- hybrid approaches (nonmonotonic reasoning combined with
other computing paradigms)
- implementations and systems
- non-monotonic logics in multi-agent interaction, including
negotiation and dispute resolution
- non-monotonic reasoning for ontologies
- reasoning and decision-making under uncertainty
- reasoning with preferences
- representing actions and planning
- similarity-based reasoning
Papers must describe original research and should not exceed 9 pages
in AAAI style (http://www.aaai.org/Publications/Author/author.php)
including references, figures, and appendixes if any.
The best paper among the ones written solely by students (i.e. persons
not holding a PhD as of February 28th, 2012) will be awarded a prize of
400 Euros. Authors of such papers are requested to indicate their
eligibility upon submission at Easychair.
Short Papers (max. 4 pages) presenting implemented systems related to NMR
are also welcome!
Paper submission will be handled electronically by means of the
Easychair system. Papers must be submitted in PDF only.
The submission page is available at
NMR does not ask authors to sign over the copyright of their papers.
Copyright therefore lies with the authors, and as far as NMR is concerned,
they are free to submit to other conferences and workshops as well.
Submission deadline: February 28, 2012
Notification: March 31, 2012
Camera-ready articles due: April 25, 2012
Workshop: June 8-10, 2012
The workshop contributions will be published electronically.
The workshop will be held in the conference rooms of
Sapienza Università di Roma.
Riccardo Rosati (Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy)
Stefan Woltran (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
nmr12 at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
More information about the dl