[DL] Final CfP - KOST 2007
pscheir at know-center.at
Mon Mar 19 10:51:50 CET 2007
Please apologize if you receive multiple copies.
Call for Papers for the I-KNOW '07 Special Track on Knowledge Organization and Semantic Technologies 2007 (KOST '07).
The I-KNOW '07 Special Track on Knowledge Organization and Semantic Technologies addresses the emerging field of semantic technologies in knowledge management and information retrieval. Original papers are solicited and will be reviewed by a board of international experts.
Topics include but are not limited to:
* Ontology engineering and knowledge representation
* Ontologies in applied knowledge management
* Ontology powered information systems
* Information retrieval and knowledge organisation systems (KOS)
* Knowledge discovery in the Semantic Web and on the Semantic Desktop
* Modeling and retrieval of semantic metadata
* Ontology learning and extraction
* Emergent semantics & community knowledge in the web
* Folksonomies as knowledge bases
* Semantics in multimedia
Submissions might also address applications of semantic technologies in areas such as knowledge management, competency management, workflow management, search engines, decision support, e-learning, healthcare, mobile and pervasive computing, multimedia or bioinformatics.
Knowledge organisation and semantic technologies covers topics ranging from the semantic web, intelligent search engines and all ontology driven systems as well as ontology engineering issues. The shared point of interest lies in semantic technologies and methods for sharing and retrieving information and in organising knowledge in models and in information systems.
Information retrieval and information systems also find themselves facing new requirements. In information retrieval knowledge has to be integrated in the process of finding and ranking search results as well as in the processes of clustering and classifying information. Information systems aim to include ontologies for enhancing their results by using a knowledge base.
Community based applications and social software benefit from standards of the Semantic Web initiative but do not rely on strong semantics like the Semantic Web. Social software allows structures and semantics to emerge from the user input and behaviour, although it is not (yet) integrated with formal ontologies. Therefore folksonomies might bridge the gap between semantic technologies and social software.
Within the Special Track on Knowledge Organization and Semantic Technologies we aim to bring together researchers from different areas of semantic and knowledge based systems to exchange experiences, present and talk about the results of their work and discuss hot topics.
The topics mentioned above are addressed at researchers and developers as well as at innovative practitioners and providers in the fields of semantic technologies. The special track will be held in English.
Submission Instructions and Procedure
Submissions should be handed in as full papers and should not exceed 8 pages. Please use the I-KNOW style guides (http://www.i-know.at/author_guidelines_and_dates/style_guide ) and submit your contribution in PDF or MS Word format. In case of problems or questions concerning the submission (http://know-center.tugraz.at/chairhelper/iknow07/submission) of papers, please contact the track chairs at kost at know-center.at .
Submissions, regardless of category, should include title, author(s), abstract, keywords, body, and references. Submissions are to be made electronically in PDF (Adobe's Portable Document Format) or MS Word format. Submissions are treated as confidential communications during the review process, so submission does not constitute public disclosure of any ideas therein. Submissions should contain no information or materials that will be proprietary or confidential at the time of publication, and should cite no publications that are proprietary or confidential at the time of publication.
* 02 April 2007 - Submission of the full paper (8 pages)
* 21 May 2007 - Notification of acceptance
* 25 June 2007 - Camera ready paper (8 pages)
* 05 September 2007 - KOST 2007 special track
Accepted papers will be published within the I-KNOW '07 conference proceedings which will most likely appear in cooperation with Springer Co. Pub. At least one author of an accepted paper must register for the I-KNOW conference before the deadline for camera-ready-copies of the papers (25 June 2007). Otherwise the paper will not be published.
The 7th International Conference on Knowledge Management (I-KNOW '07, http://www.i-know.at) is organized by the Know-Center, Austria's Competence Center for knowledge management. The chairs of the Special Track on Knowledge Organization and Semantic Technologies 2007 are:
* Johannes Liegl (Know-Center, Austria)
* Mathias Lux (Klagenfurt University, Austria)
* Viktoria Pammer (Know-Center, Austria)
* Peter Scheir (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
* Wernher Behrendt (Salzburg Research, Austria)
* Paul Buitelaar (German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany)
* Sven Meyer zu Eissen (Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany)
* Andreas Faatz (SAP Research, Germany)
* Joanna Guss (EADS Corporate Research Center, France)
* Andreas Hotho (BibSonomy & University of Kassel, Germany)
* Dietmar Jannach (Klagenfurt University, Austria)
* Harald Kosch (University of Passau, Germany)
* Annett Mitschick (Dresden University of Technology, Germany)
* Elena Simperl (Freie Universität Berlin, Germany)
* Marc Spaniol (RWTH Aachen, Germany)
* York Sure (University of Karlsruhe, Germany)
* Douglas Tudhope (University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, United Kingdom)
More information about the dl