[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB-Plus-User Digest, Vol 99, Issue 31

Benjamin Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 12:31:25 CET 2022

Hello Bicai,

Have you tried increasing the electronic temperature? You could also try a different filling function from a Fermi distribution which would have a much lower electronic entropy at high temperatures.

Also, for a metal, the number of k-points is very low and, depending on symmetry, you should shift the grid:

Filling = MethfesselPaxton {
     Temperature [Kelvin] = 1.0e+4
     Order = 2
}
KPointsAndWeights = SupercellFolding {
    10  0 0
    0  10 0
    0 0  10
    0.5 0.5 0.5
}

The U constants are probably not necessary for Fe.

Regards

Ben

       Dr. B. Hourahine, SUPA, Department of Physics,
     University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building,
             107 Rottenrow, Glasgow G4 0NG, UK.
     +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk

2013/4 THE Awards Entrepreneurial University of the Year
       2012/13 THE Awards UK University of the Year

    The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body,
         registered in Scotland, number SC015263