[DFTB-Plus-User] Fwd: DFTB+ v 21.2 - memory saturation on cluster

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Mon Jul 25 16:37:00 CEST 2022

Dear Giacomo,

could you open an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/dftbplus/dftbplus/issues

We can then discuss probably more focused and without flooding the
mailing list. :-)

Also, I've tried your system, and can not really see any dramatically
increasing memory footprint. Admittedly, I've run it only up to a few
geometry iterations. (By the way, by setting an electronic temperature
of about 1000 K, the convergence in your system can be sped up
considerably.) Typically, how many steps do you need in order to fill up
the memory / what is the memory increment per geometry step?

in order to narrow down the problem,