[DFTB-Plus-User] Scalapack error in MD run

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 20 13:21:10 CEST 2022

Dear Luca,

the failure you get happens in the Cholesky-decomposition. That usually
means, that your overlap is not positive definite any more. There could
be two reasons for that:

- something is weird with the SK-files you use

- the geometry, you obtain is unphysical, having atoms so close to each
other, that the basis gets linearly dependent (more likely).

Investigate your geometry, whether it is physically meaningful or not.

I also have doubts, whether the 3obw set is supposed to cover your use
casse. It contains a reparametrized repulsive potential in order to
improve on the description of bulk water. This is achieved (if I
remember correctly) by making the repulsive potential rather long, which
according to our experience usually destroys transferability completely.
So, whether it works for anything apart of bulk water reliably, is an
open question.