[DFTB-Plus-User] Unit of electronic temperature through ase

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Fri Jul 1 15:35:36 CEST 2022

Dear Filippo,

yes, the current ASE interface does not allow to set the units. We are
working for a better replacement (using on the our hsd-python package),
where this will become possible.

In the mean time, you have to use the default units, which in the DFTB+
input are always atomic units, with Hartree as energy unit. For the
temperature, you would have to specify the energy value of kT. By the
way, Appendix C, of the DFTB+ manual lists the conversion factors of all
accepted units.