[DFTB-Plus-User] R: Problem calculating phonon dispersion with phonons

Alessandro Pecchia alessandro.pecchia at cnr.it
Mon May 23 21:31:24 CEST 2022

Hello Amir,

The structure is correct. One issue may came from the inclusion of the file with <<< hessian.out.

If this file is a bit large the parser goes into troubles.

Try the input syntax:

Hessian{

 Matrix = dftb{}

}

This opens a file called “hessian.out” in the working folder, using standard i/o routines and is more robust.

The syntax can also be:

Matrix = dftb{Filename = ‘myhessianFilename’}

If you still have errors let me know. I will try to run the code.

Regards,

Alessandro Pecchia