[DFTB-Plus-User] MD with Electric Field

Benjamin Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Thu Mar 31 15:24:02 CEST 2022

Hello Shunaev,

the problem is most likely that the default is atomic units for field strength and frequency. You need to add modifiers if setting SI values

See appendix C of the manual for a full list, but what you probably want is

Strength [v/m] = 1e9
Frequency [Hz] = 5e11

       Dr. B. Hourahine, SUPA, Department of Physics,
     University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building,
             107 Rottenrow, Glasgow G4 0NG, UK.
     +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk

2013/4 THE Awards Entrepreneurial University of the Year
       2012/13 THE Awards UK University of the Year

    The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body,
         registered in Scotland, number SC015263