[DFTB-Plus-User] Question regarding GeometryOptimization driver and FixAngles/FixLengths options

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Feb 22 20:50:41 CET 2022

Dear Reinaldo,

Yes, the new geometry drivers don't have the full functionality yet. We
are working on it. We definitely won't delete the old drivers (and the
input syntax) as long as not all features had been transfered into the
new drivers. The deprecation warning mostly serves the purpose of
drawing your attention to the new driver, as they are definitely much
more efficient (especially in lattice optimization -- provided no
constraints are needed).