[DFTB-Plus-User] Problem with geometry optimization

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Thu Jan 20 12:52:19 CET 2022

Dear Pasan,

your system is basically a metallic surface, therefore, it needs an
electronic temperature to achieve proper convergence. Setting

   Filling = MethfesselPaxton {
     Temperature [K] = 1000
    }

should work.

Two more remarks:

* You could speed up the calculation somewhat by using the MPI-parallel
version of the code, and the ELPA solver and processor groups (see the
manual).

* Your k-point sampling is unbiased. The cell is very large along a1 and
a3, but short along a2, therefore, you it should be enough to use one
k-point along b1 and b3, and 2 or 4 along b2.