[DFTB-Plus-User] Compiling with xTB

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Jan 18 15:41:24 CET 2022

Dear Gautam,

> I am trying to use xTB implemented in DFTB+ 21.2 version. The problem I
> am facing is during the calculation it says.
> "DFTB+ compiled without support for tblite library"
>
> I followed the compilation instructions step by step as given in
> "INSTALL.rst" file. Please suggest me the possible solutions to this issue.

Please make sure, that you set the WITH_TBLITE option in config.cmake to
TRUE or pass -DWITH_TBLITE=TRUE when you invoke cmake. The default
config currently compiles the code without xTB.

Alternatively, you may download the precompiled binary via the conda
package manager, which contains the xTB integration.