[DFTB-Plus-User] Wrong input file

김한규 gksrb500 at naver.com
Sat Nov 13 13:04:40 CET 2021

Hello, I'm a newbie user and studying MD simulation using DFTB+

Geo_end_xyz file is over 600MB, but when I put the file into VMD or Jmol, there are only 20~30 frames.

I think it is the input file problem, so could you guys see the following input file and let me know what the problem is?

Thank you.

----------------dftb_in.hsd-----------------

Geometry = VaspFormat {
<<< "CONTCAR"
}

Driver = VelocityVerlet{

 # Possibly should be a bit smaller for real calculations:
 TimeStep [fs] = 0.1

 Thermostat = NoseHoover {
 Temperature [Kelvin] = 700
 CouplingStrength [cm^-1] = 3000
 Order = 3
 ChainLength = 3
 AdaptFillingTemp = Yes
 }

 Steps = 3000 # 1 ps total

 MovedAtoms = 1:-1
}

Hamiltonian = DFTB {
  SCC = Yes
  SCCTolerance = 1E-6
  SlaterKosterFiles = Type2FileNames {
   Prefix = "../../slakos/pbc-0-3/"
   Separator = "-"
   Suffix = ".skf"
  }
  MaxAngularMomentum = {
    Si = "p"
    N = "p"
    H = "s"
  }
  KPointsAndWeights = SupercellFolding {
   3 0 0
   0 3 0
   0 0 1
   0.5 0.5 0.0
  }
}

Options = {
  RandomSeed = 3871906
  # speed up a bit by suppressing some file writing
  WriteDetailedOut = No
}

Analysis {
  # speed up a bit by suppressing some file writing
  WriteBandOut = No
}

# This file uses the 5th input format
ParserOptions = {
  ParserVersion = 7
}

# if run in MPI parallel, allow openMP threads to be used
Parallel = {
  UseOmpThreads = Yes
}