[DFTB-Plus-User] Superfluous data for Spin Constants: does not work with full set of values.

Benjamin Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jul 27 18:24:27 CEST 2021

Hello Diego,

the error is due to giving shell resolved spin constants in a calculation that is not shell resolved. For Au, I would suggest enabling ShellResolvedScc = Yes (if the Slater-Koster parameters require this) as the d electrons have quite different response from the sp shells.
You could also either a) only suply the highest occupied atomic orbital spin constant, or b) enable shell resolved spin (but leave the SCC as atom resolved).

Regards

Ben

       Dr. B. Hourahine, SUPA, Department of Physics,
     University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building,
             107 Rottenrow, Glasgow G4 0NG, UK.
     +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk

2013/4 THE Awards Entrepreneurial University of the Year
       2012/13 THE Awards UK University of the Year

    The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body,
         registered in Scotland, number SC015263