[DFTB-Plus-User] dftb+ 21.1 installation with GPU support

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Jul 13 12:32:36 CEST 2021

Dear Anshu,

The GPU/Magma support would unfortunately not help you with transport
calculations, as it just offers a dense diagonalization routine with
GPU-implementation. The libNEGF-library, which DFTB+ uses for the
transport calculation currently does not support GPUs yet. (Although,
there is current work going on to implement GPU-support in libNEGF.)

As for the Magma-detection, we use a Custom Magma finder
(cmake/Modules/FindCustomMagma.cmake), which tries to detect Magma via
pkg-config. Therefore, it is important that the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable is set up correctly.

Alternatively, you may configure the MAGMA_LIBRARY and
MAGMA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORY CMake variables with everything you need in
order to link Magma and to find its include files.

Otherwise, the Magma-solvers should only used with the non-MPI version
of DFTB+.