[DFTB-Plus-User] Installation Help

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Mon Jun 14 17:42:27 CEST 2021

Dear Jacob,

Just to understand, do you get the error message when you configure
DFTB+ via CMake? If yes, did you specify those libraries during the
DFTB+ config (e.g. -DWITH_LAPACK_LIBRARY=...). Our if not, is it
something the Lapack-finder detected (you should see in the CMake
output, which LAPACK-library was found).

If none of them above, then the dependency comes via ELSI (in their
cmake export file). CMake then won't search for those explicitely when
you configure DFTB+, so setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH won't help you.
Actually, I am not even sure, whether there is any way to override this.

First, you should make then sure, that ELSI can be linked with CMake
within a toy project. In a new directory, create the following
CMakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.16)

project(Hello LANGUAGES Fortran)

find_package(elsi REQUIRED)

add_executable(hello hello.f90)
target_link_libraries(hello elsi::elsi)

and the following hello.f90 file:

program hello
  print *, "HELLO"
end program hello

Try to get this project built first, as it uses the same mechanism as DFTB+.