[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB+ 20.2 released

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 18 11:13:38 CET 2020

Dear DFTB+ community,

We are pleased to announce the next stable version (Release 20.2).
Thanks to the work of those contributing to the code, this version again
contains several major improvements. These include

* Many body and Tkatchenko-Scheffler dispersion models

* Delta DFTB for the lowest singlet excitated state of closed shell systems

* Electron transport for system with (colinear) spin polarisation, plus
Green's function embedding for the surfaces of magnetic systems

* A new code for phonon transport calculations

* Linear response excited state forces for spin polarised systems

* The FIRE geometry optimiser and improvements to the LBFGS optimiser

For further details and to download, please visit the release page:

http://www.dftbplus.org/download/dftb-stable/

We would like to thank you for all your feedback and contributions
which shaped this release. We hope you will find DFTB+ 20.2 useful
for your scientific work and are looking forward to further comments,
suggestions and contributions in the future.

The DFTB+ developers

Ps. Please also look out for news about the upcoming release of our
Slater-Koster generation tools in the next weeks.