[DFTB-Plus-User] Maximum angular momentum for SK set pbc SiO2 surface interactions

Sierra Jubin sjubin at pppl.gov
Wed Nov 4 18:02:07 CET 2020

Hello,
I'm hoping to simulate the reaction of various species (i.e. F) on a
silicon dioxide surface. The Slater-Koster files I intend to use are from
the pbc set, and I understand that the simulation of SiO2 is best done by
setting the maximum angular momentum for silicon to include d orbitals.

However, since the silicon will also be interacting with fluorine - and the
Si-F SK file only includes up to p orbitals for silicon, I fear that there
will be some error from including the d orbitals in the input file.

Does anybody have advice on how to proceed? Is it possible to use these
files with the maximum angular momentum for silicon set to p or d, or would
I need to find different SK parameter sets with consistent orbitals for
every interaction?

Best,
Sierra Jubin