[DFTB-Plus-User] electron phonon interaction and matrix derivative

Gabriele Penazzi g.penazzi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 07:43:05 CET 2020

Hi Haimen,

it's been some time since I wrote that utility, but I think I remember.

If you apply a Loewdin orthogonalization to the Hamiltonian S^{-1/2} H
S^{-1/2}, calculate naively the derivative and transform back to the
original basis you obtain the same formula you see in literature, except
for those 0.5 coefficients. Now, there must be a flaw somewhere, as you
point out it doesn't match other references. As the code was written for
my own sake and at some point my research on the topic stopped, that
must be a version where I was trying to implement this formula to check
how large was the difference or something like that. Whether I was
seeing this in other codes or not, I can't remember.

Gabriele