[DFTB-Plus-User] Error in installation

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Tue Oct 6 11:30:42 CEST 2020

> in my case I didn't got the two column results. In case of dos I got
> two column filename.dat file and I plotted the Graph as "xmgrace
> filename.dat". But the command was not working for this band_tot.dat
> file. Now the issue has been solved by the command "xmgrace -nxy
> band_tot.dat".

OK, that explains the issue. Yes the band structure file contains
multiple y-values (bands) for each x-coordinate (k-point), so you need
the -nxy option when using xmgrace.

Actually, you can also use the command line plotting tool "plotxy" from
the DFTB+ repository, if you wish. That would automatically show all
bands unless you tell it otherwise.