[DFTB-Plus-User] Compile CFTB+ with DFT-D3 library

Crespi, Stefano s.crespi at rug.nl
Sun Oct 4 14:03:55 CEST 2020

Dear Danyang,
I am pretty new, too, but I think I managed to have the DFT-D3 library
working in this way:

1) After downloading the source with git, download the additional libraries
with the command

./utils/get_opt_externals ALL

as documented in https://github.com/dftbplus/dftbplus/blob/20.1/INSTALL.rst

2) modify line 28 of config.cmake in the main folder, flagging with TRUE
the entry related to the DFT-D3 library usage

option(WITH_DFTD3 "Whether the DFTD3 library should be included" TRUE)

I just tested it with a job adding the following lines to the Hamiltonian
section and it worked fine.

Dispersion = DftD3 {
Damping = BeckeJohnson {
a1 = 0.5719
a2 = 3.6017
}

I hope it was useful.

All the best

Stefano

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 12:51 AM Danyang Wang <wangd10 at mymail.vcu.edu> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> I’m new to DFTB+ and I used DFTB+ to do some calculation with DFT-D4.
> However, when I want to use DFT-D3, it tells me “program had been compiled
> without DFTD3 support” and I didn’t find how to compile with DFT-D3 library
> in manual. If anyone could offer some information, or an example of an
> input file which can be used to calculate with DFT-D3, I’ll be very
> appreciated.
>
> Danyang Wang

Dr. Stefano Crespi, Ph.D.

Feringa Research Group