[DFTB-Plus-User] DFTB+ 20.1 released

Bálint Aradi aradi at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 22 19:27:41 CEST 2020

Dear DFTB+ community,

We are proud to announce the next stable version (Release 20.1) of the
DFTB+ software package. Our DFTB+ developer community has grown
substantially since the last release! Thanks to the many contributors
this version contains several major improvements. These include

* range separated excited state calculations for spin free singlet
  systems,

* real time electronic and coupled electron-ion Ehrenfest dynamics,

* REKS (spin-Restricted Ensemble Kohn-Sham) calculations for ground and
  low-lying exited states,

* particle-particle random-phase approximation (pp-RPA) for calculation
  of suitable excitations,

* the DFT-D4 dispersion model,

* several implicit solvation models,

* helical geometries supported for non-SCC calculations and

* support for meta-dynamics in MD via the Plumed library.

For further details and to download, please visit the release page:

http://www.dftbplus.org/download/dftb-stable/

You can also find a short overview about several of the new features in
the recent DFTB+ paper: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5143190

We would like to thank you for all your feedback and contributions
which shaped this release. We hope you will find DFTB+ 20.1 useful
for your scientific work and are looking forward to further comments,
suggestions and contributions in the future.

The DFTB+ developers