[DFTB-Plus-User] Parameters sets for solid or surface/liquid interface simulation

Moyassar Meshhal moyassar.meshhal at uni-rostock.de
Sat Jul 11 07:29:28 CEST 2020

Dear all,

It's well-known that the results of simulations are quite sensitive to which parameters set is used.
In this regard, I have a couple of questions:

- for a system that includes a surface/liquid interface, can one use a different parameter set for each part?, for instance, pbc-0-3 for the surface and 3ob-1-1 for the liquid. In the sense, will this affect the accuracy/reliability of the results?

- If it's okay to use 2 different sets:
- which parameters set should I use for the elements that exist in both the solid and the liquid subsystems (such as C, H and O)?
- is there some way to allow DFTB+ differentiate between the two atom types? I mean, for example, to use the pbc-0-3 set for the O atoms of the solid part, while using the 3ob-1-1 set for the O atoms of the liquid part.

Best Regards
Moyassar